the hot house tavern
Size: 5,000 sf interior, 1,400 sf exterior
Location: Menomonee Falls WI
The Menomonee Falls Fire Station has been a revered landmark in this village outside of Milwaukee since it was built in 1924. Housing the Village’s first fire station as well as at times, the Village Hall and Library, the historic significance of this building to the resident’s of the village is immense.
In this adaptive reuse project, DBA designed the conversion of the interior of the building into a restaurant and bar, and also renovated the exterior careful to respect the historical details and meet the National Park Service’s requirements. This project is receiving state and federal tax credits as part of the National Park Service’s historic tax credit program, and as part of our work, DBA’s design followed NPS guidelines for historic renovations.